Monday, December 2, 2013

Semi-homemade Blueberry Danish

I love danish, such as cream cheese and blueberry. 
I love it with tea, but it is best with a cup of coffee. 
I don't have enough money to buy pre-made from the store. 
So I will make them instead and eat a lot more. 
I love danish, what else can I say.
I love it, I love it, I can eat it all day. 

If you love blueberry cream cheese danish as much as I do, then this is just the post for you!
(Hey, it still rhymes!)

What you will need:
Premade pastry dough sheets - buy frozen but thaw for a bit before using.
canned blueberry pie filling
4oz cream cheese- softened
1 tbsp ricotta cheese
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
powdered sugar for dusting
egg wash - 1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp water

Other things you will need are:
* A rolling pin, some flour for dusting the surface, and a mat
* A big round cookie cutter, but I just used the widest drinking glass I can find, turned it over and used the rim.
* a pastry brush
* a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper

What to Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degreed F.

Roll the dough and cut them into circles.

Mix the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, yolk, vanilla and sugar,  Blend until smooth.

Put about a spoon of cream cheese mixture at the center of the circle and top it with about a teaspoon of blueberry filling.

Brush the sides of the circle with egg wash. This will give it a nice finish after baking.

Place the danish on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.

Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until it turns into a golden brown color.

Dust with powdered sugar at the top.

Serve and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment