Friday, September 12, 2014

Apple Art - Paper Tearing

Apples are a popular theme to begin the school year. 

In class, we talked about apples, i.e., how they grow, how an apple tree changes throughout the year, what we can make with apples, etc. 

A fun and easy art project I did with my students with this theme, is a paper tearing project. 

All you need is a plain tree template/background, glue and some colored paper. 

More than just keeping my students busy this activity also works on fine motor skills. 


I loved seeing how my students are so quiet and and focused during art projects. They would even say things like 'This makes me feel happy", or "My brain feels so relaxed". -- this coming from my students! I truly believe that there is a great benefit to continue to teach or have art in our schools! 

No comments:

Post a Comment